HEY!

Hello! My name is Sam and I am a senior at Bay Path College joining in the Capitals Of The World Trip for Spring Break! This year we are traveling to ITALY!!! We leave at 5:30pm on Saturday March 13 out of Newark, NJ for the wonderful ROME! I will be blogging throughout the trip, so be sure to follow!

Monday, March 15, 2010

DAY TWO!
















Soo now I think we have the internet situation figured out! This morning Robin and I woke up about five minutes before our bus pulled away from the hotel and headed for the Vatican! Thank you to Sam Hahn for the last minute wake up call, it was very needed! Once we were on the bus our travel guide gave us the inside scoop on the Vatican! Come to find out it is considered its own state and has its own language (latin) and currency. I consider myself to be more of a spiritual than a religious person but none-the-less the Vatican was absolutely incredible, words cannot describe. I saw the Sistine Chapel today and I don't think I have ever felt so small. Michaelangelo painted the entire ceiling on scaffolding and because the plaster dries in 4-5 hours he was not able to climb down and see what it would look like from the floor and so he painted the entire thing from the ceiling hoping it would look right! Amazing! After the Sistine Chapel we made our way to St. Peter's Bascillica. It is the biggest church in the world and no picture does it justice, though trust me, I have plenty of photos! The connection here is spotty but i will be uploading as soon as I can. So far I have taken over 700 photos in 48 hours! And I cannot wait to see them. After the Bascillica we were able to break up into independent groups and tour Rome on our own. Robin and I decided that we wanted to visit a street called Via Dei Coronari where there are all kinds of unique shops, art and souvineers! We had so much fun and surprisingly enough did not get lost! we walked around until our feet could not take it anymore and then we popped in a taxi and headed back to the hotel to change, shower and get ready for dinner! While we were out I managed to buy an Italian cook book in English for my mother, art work for me and a few small odds and ends :) We then went to dinner at a small ristorante right around the corner from our hotel called Roberto's. Robin, Sam Hahn, Melinda Seil, Amy laporte and myself were in attendance! We each ordered a different dish and spent the evening drinking red wine and sampling each others dishes! I ordered Spaghetti with bacon and tomato sauce and ended with a tiramisu! After dinner we walked back to our hotel and spent the evening relaxing!

5 comments:

  1. 700 photos in 48 hours I'm definitely not suprised ;) Hey can you still not take pictures in the Sistine Chapel? Did that drive you crazy? lol glad youre having an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. technically not but I have a short video shhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Sam, absolutely awesome.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photos are breathtaking!
    have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your description of "David" sounds so interesting. I will be anxious to see photos! love that we get to talk on skype! Enjoy !!!!

    ReplyDelete