HEY!

Hello! My name is Sam and I am a senior at Bay Path College joining in the Capitals Of The World Trip for Spring Break! This year we are traveling to ITALY!!! We leave at 5:30pm on Saturday March 13 out of Newark, NJ for the wonderful ROME! I will be blogging throughout the trip, so be sure to follow!

Friday, March 19, 2010

DAY FIVE

Getting a tour inside the caves of the vineyard!
Grape vines

Samantha hahn and me

Group shot minus me :)

Jeremy and Tara



Wine at the wine tasting!

Assisi

The Church of St. Francis in Assisi




Hello! Sorry for the delayed post, there is so much to experience that I am struggling to fnd time to blog! I tend to do it when I should be sleeping haha. None the less we all met down in the bottom of th hotel at 6:00am for a continental breakfast put on by the hotel! This morning I had two boiled eggs, a slice of ham, toast, orange juice and water! Aftr we all finished eating we boarded the bus at 6:30am and started our three hour bus ride to Assisi! Where we toured the church and tomb of St. Francis. There was much debate about the information our tour guide was giving us but none-the-less the sights were beautiful! Each church is so intricately detailed it is amazing to me that people constructed these VAST buildings at such an early date. We had 30 minutes to venture around the town before boarding our bus to the next destination! There were a number of pottery and clay stores, which was great to see! We also encountered numerous embroidery shops! I had a woman stitch my name into a piece of paper for a demonstration, it is beautiful!

After Assisi we headed to a Tuscan winery! And let me tell you I dont think have seen more tightly winding roads! We were amazed that our driver made it! The roads are one lane, without a dividing line so technicaly thy were designed for one small car at a time, our giant coach bus was not exacty an ideal size! Never-the-less or incredibly talented bus diver maneuvered his way around each bend getting us there safe and sound! Once we arrived we walked around the 35 acres of grape vines and had an oppurtunity to see how the wine was made from start to finish! Afterwards we were able to sample a sparkling, red, and white wine from the vineyard and enjoy unlimited snacks and munchies!! After our tour several girls purchased bottles to take home to the states, heres hoping they do not break in their suitcases!

After the winery we ventured to Orvieto, Italy! When we hopped off the bus we took an escalator up two flghts of stairs, boarded a train/lift to the top of a mountain, then took a bus to our destination. Once we arrived in Orvieto we had one hour to spend as we chose! Samantha Hahn, Robin Pierce and myself did a little shopping and then sat down at a local restaurant to enjoy some bruchette and caprese salad! It was homemade and delicious! After one hour we ventred back to th bus, down the train/life, down the escalators and back onto our tour bus! I on the other hand, managed to board the wrong tour bus!!!!!! I made a lot of friends, but quickly jumped off and found the right bus! Leave it to me hahaha

After arriving back at our Hotel a group of us changed very quickly and marched our way to the Spanish Steps where we met up with A LOT of other American college students and participated in a PUB CRAWL! We ventured to three different bars, drinking free drinks at each location, included in the 15 euro adventure was a t-shirt that says "Spanish Steps Pub Crawl" and on the back "I came, I saw, I crawled!" We had a great time, we left earlier than most to make it back to our hotel safely but we still managed to have a GREAT time! Pictures will be up soon! And I will blog about today a little later! This is our last day in ITALY! Hope all of you are doing well, we are having a blast! Talk to you soon!!


Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment